搜索
bottom↓
回复: 7

LVDS Laptop LCD

[复制链接]

出0入0汤圆

发表于 2010-4-30 23:35:45 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
My Mini ITX mother board has an LVDS header. At first I thought I would never need to use it for anything but when I was thinking about buying an LCD monitor for my ITX computer I decided to do a bit of research into using the LVDS header to connect to an LCD module. That way I could find a cheap old Laptop and use its LCD.

I discovered there is nothing difficult about it, you just needed to get the right parts and connect them up.

You need:
- Motherboard with LVDS header in this case its a VIA EPIA M11.
- LVDS module for the mother board. I brought a VIA LVDS-05 Module
- An LCD module that uses the LVDS interface and a compatable back light inverter.
- Cables to connect the LCD to the LVDS module. You will have to make these yourself.

Getting the right LCD is a bit of a gamble. The only thing guranteed at this point is the resolution (provided you have researched correctly) I choose 1024x768. The first was a Sony VAIO which unfortunately had a crack in the LCD - so it was no good. The second was a Compaq Amada M700. I dismantled the screen to find the part number of the LCD Module (which is Toshiba LTM14C421E). Then I was able to locate a data sheet and confirm it used an LVDS interface, get the pin out for it and find the operating voltage (is 3.3V for this one).

Then I had to make up a cable to connect it to The LVDS module. This involves fiddly fine connectors and wires.
I needed a plug to fit onto the LVDS module and luckily the LCD panel connector from the VAIO laptop fitted perfectly.

(原文件名:Paul-20-LVDS-Conected.jpg)
The VAIO Connector with a flexible circuit board I found in my junk that had longer contacts than the original allowing me to solder my own wires to it. LVDS signals need twisted pairs made from wires of equal length.

(原文件名:Paul-20-LVDS-Connector.jpg)
Connect the other end to the LCD module. I decided to connect to the existing wires since they already have the correct plug fitted to the LCD module end

(原文件名:Paul-20-LVDS-LCD.jpg)
Install LVDS Module on Mother board. Its the board with the VT1631 chip and the white 2 row connector.

(原文件名:Paul-20-LVDS-Module.jpg)
Connect up LCD module

(原文件名:Paul-20-LVDS-Test.jpg)
The smoke test proved every thing was done right and compatible.

(原文件名:Paul-20-LVDS-Wiring.jpg)
I mounted the LCD to a piece of wood using the laptops original hinges. This works well and it is as functional as a normal brought LCD computer monitor. Its using a digital Interface so there is no need to adjust anything and the picture is always sharp and clear.

I was not able to find any pin out details or specification for the back light inverter. Using common sense and some bench power supplies I was able to identify the Power, ON/OFF, and brightness lines and that it runs from 12V, so it is run stright off a disk drive power conector. I used trimpots to divide the 12V down to the required voltages for the ON/OFF and brightness lines.

The back light ON/OFF line could be connected to the LVDS module which would allow windows to control it.

http://www.oldvcr.tv/projects/index.html?Mode=View&ID=20

阿莫论坛20周年了!感谢大家的支持与爱护!!

知道什么是神吗?其实神本来也是人,只不过神做了人做不到的事情 所以才成了神。 (头文字D, 杜汶泽)

出0入0汤圆

发表于 2010-5-1 00:02:13 | 显示全部楼层
mark

出0入0汤圆

发表于 2010-5-1 00:58:42 | 显示全部楼层
这是啥啊?

出0入0汤圆

发表于 2010-7-7 22:19:53 | 显示全部楼层
MARK

出0入0汤圆

发表于 2010-7-7 22:41:45 | 显示全部楼层
什么主板啊,带LVDS的主板可不多,一直想找一款便宜的,手上有几块LVDS的LCD

出0入8汤圆

发表于 2010-7-12 21:58:48 | 显示全部楼层
威盛的主板,带CPU,价格上比较便宜,适合特殊场合使用

出0入0汤圆

发表于 2011-3-7 16:49:09 | 显示全部楼层
LZ我也在弄一块VIA主板的LVDS,方便的话,有些问题能请教下么?
谢谢~!
我的联系方式:
QQ:58213216
e-mail:zhangjunqing34@126.com

出0入0汤圆

发表于 2011-9-15 19:55:40 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢啊。想请教一些问题,我用FPGA的LVDS做ADC的,后续的CIC和FIR用MATLAB已经做完了,现在就差这个LVDS了,谢谢啊,
我的联系方式:
QQ:1046519743
email:taomo1220@163.com
回帖提示: 反政府言论将被立即封锁ID 在按“提交”前,请自问一下:我这样表达会给举报吗,会给自己惹麻烦吗? 另外:尽量不要使用Mark、顶等没有意义的回复。不得大量使用大字体和彩色字。【本论坛不允许直接上传手机拍摄图片,浪费大家下载带宽和论坛服务器空间,请压缩后(图片小于1兆)才上传。压缩方法可以在微信里面发给自己(不要勾选“原图),然后下载,就能得到压缩后的图片。注意:要连续压缩2次才能满足要求!!】。另外,手机版只能上传图片,要上传附件需要切换到电脑版(不需要使用电脑,手机上切换到电脑版就行,页面底部)。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|Archiver|amobbs.com 阿莫电子技术论坛 ( 粤ICP备2022115958号, 版权所有:东莞阿莫电子贸易商行 创办于2004年 (公安交互式论坛备案:44190002001997 ) )

GMT+8, 2024-7-24 13:29

© Since 2004 www.amobbs.com, 原www.ourdev.cn, 原www.ouravr.com

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表